Telescopic Boom Lifts Innovative and intuitive direction sensing drive and steer control system
|Skyjack’s Telescopic Boom Lifts built and designed using Skyjack’s robust and reliable design philosophies, offer the lowest life cycle costs, proven reliability, and ease of serviceability.
TELESCOPIC BOOM LIFTS
*Some features model dependent
2) Designed with service in mind, easy access to all components.
3) Modular platform railings.
A unique feature found only on Skyjack’s telescopic and articulating booms, is a mechanical “axle based” drive system. The industry’s only true four-wheel-drive system provides unmatched traction, terrainability and up to 50% gradeability. Rugged, robust, and reliable, Skyjack’s drive system is similar to those found on wheel loaders and telehandlers. Depending on the model, an automatic or manual locking differential is used on the rear axle, while all models feature a limited slip differential on the front axle. This industry leading terrain capability means one can use the Skyjack Boom Lifts in the most challenging of conditions.
A unique feature found only on Skyjack booms. Drive controls always operate in the orientation of the operator regardless of turret position. Direction sensing drive and steer controls reduces operator confusion by eliminating the need for color coded arrows and switches.
1 DIRECTION SENSING STEER CONTROLS
- Unique system which always drive and steer with respect to the orientation of the operator.
- No arrows, decals, or colors to remember or reference while operating.
- Continuous drive feature prevents controls from reversing unexpectedly.
- No special enable required.
2 FOOT ENABLE SWITCH
- The operator is able to maintain a forward direction after a turret rotation simply by lifting the foot momentarily while in a stationary position. This simple feature allows the operator to maintain a forward drive and steer direction based on the operators orientation.
Swing And Rotate
All Skyjack booms feature zero tailswing and come standard with 360 degree continuous rotation – ideal for working in tight spaces and saving time when platform repositioning is needed.
- Arrows indicate a standard tri-entry steel platform on all booms. Optional gate entrances and different sized platforms are also available.
2 MODULAR RAILINGS
- Bolt in platform railings provide not only a durable structure but an easily replaceable service part. Sections can be replaced individually which translates to lower replacement costs for both parts and labor.
1 STEERING LINKAGE
- Robust steering linkage with angles up to 45 degrees for excellent on-site maneuverability.
2 DRIVE TRAIN DESIGN
- Robust and reliable, with no vulnerable hydraulic components or hoses under chassis.
- Spring applied hydraulic released (SAHR) brakes provide and effective braking system and are also easily accessible for servicing and inspection.